Hello, furry friend and Welcome to The Hotel Telluride!
We hope you and your people have a wonderful stay in Telluride. Please tell your mom and dad to notify the hotel that you will be joining them prior to your arrival, this way we can ensure that we get you and your family into dog-friendly lodging. See below for some more helpful hints and suggestions during your stay at our pet-friendly hotel in Telluride.
Telluride, Colorado is very pet-friendly, but here are a few tips during your stay with us:
- Your people must be on a leash while on Main Street (Colorado Avenue), when crossing Main Street, in Town Park, or when visiting Mountain Village.
- The Valley Floor has great people trails, but right now they are not open to dogs due to eco-conservation for the rare flora and fauna. Sorry guys- no romping around here.
- Your people may be off the leash on any of the other hiking trails, if you wish, but must be in voice control at all times.
- The town of Telluride provides complimentary pick-up bags throughout town and along the River Trail. We have some at the front desk, if you need them.
- The Gondola has cabins designated exclusively for you and your people. Just look for the dog/cat picture on the back, right window.
- Many restaurants and shops around town have puppy parking especially for you. Feel free to take advantage of the spots!
Pets are guests too! Here are a couple of things to note for your hotel check-in:
- Your cost to stay with us is $50 for one night or $100 for two nights or more.
- 10% of pet fees are given back to furry friends through a donation to Second Chance Humane Society.
- With your check-in you, will receive a welcome bag of Pet Info for Telluride, along with our homemade organic pet treats.
- We also offer you a ‘pet tag' with our phone number, just in case you get separated from your people and can't find your way home.
These are a few rules we ask you to follow during your stay at our pet-friendly hotel in Telluride:
- Your parents must be leashed or under voice-control when in the lobby.
- If you are left in the room for short periods, you will promise not to disturb the other guests.
- Parents - advise the front desk of your absence and leave a contact number in case you are needed.
- Please let the front desk know when you and your parents will be out of the room, and our housekeeping staff will prioritize your hotel room to be cleaned while you are away. Our housekeepers will not service any guest room with a non-kenneled pet.
- Your parents will be liable for any damage and repairs, or if excessive cleaning is required, so please treat our dog-friendly lodging as your own home.
Here are some pet-friendly spots while staying in Telluride:
- Directly behind Hotel Telluride is the High School Soccer Field, this is a great place to run around and have mom and dad toss your ball.
- Meet other friendly, local dogs and people socializing at the Gondola Plaza Station in town. In the summer, this is a nice grassy area.
- The River Trail is a great place to enjoy a stroll or a swim. You can follow it all the way to Bridal Vail Falls and the historic Idarado Mine.
- Town Park is a great place to run around, as long as there is not a festival going on. You also have beaches along the river where other dogs and their parents hang out for a swim or a stick toss.
- There are two fun trails directly from town:
- On the sunny side (The Hotel Telluride side) the Jud Wiebe is three blocks away (3-mile loop) to enjoy hiking with your mom or dad with great aerial views of Telluride.
- On the slope side, Bear Creek Falls is a mellow incline (5 miles round trip) up to a gorgeous waterfall that your mom and dad would love to take you to see!
Want a break from mom or dad? These are reliable, professional, pet-friendly services around our town!
- Trick & Treats Pet Sitting Service will come play with you or take you for a walk around town (970) 708-3664
- Need a scrub-down after all the fun in Telluride? Whisker & Tails Dog Washing Service! (970) 728-3664
- Check out Mountain Tails offering healthy treats, mountain doggy fashion, toys, food, and more! (970) 369-4240
Tell your mom and dad they can receive a $20.00 credit back on their pet fee by sending a photo and story of your stay in Telluride! That's not all, your photo and entry will be posted on our blog and entered to win the 'Furry Friend of The Year' give-away. Hint: the more creative the photo and entry the better! So tell your mom and dad that you want to become famous on The Hotel Telluride Pet Blog and they can win a 2-night stay to return for another great Telluride vacation.
The photo and entry is submitted after your stay. Email the photo and content to: email@example.com
Once submitted you will receive a guarantee $20.00 back on your $100.00 pet fee, along with a chance to win a 2-night stay at The Hotel Telluride!