The Hotel Telluride Blog
Welcome to The Hotel Telluride Blog
We wanted to give you a place to share your favorite memory of The Hotel Telluride or experience in Telluride. Read, post, share and become part of the community.
5 New Years Wellness Resolutions (Made Easy) from The Hotel Telluride
5 New Years Wellness Resolutions (Made Easy)
Treat yourself to a new you this new year! If your goals for 2011 include a healthier, happier, more inspired you, the following wellness resolutions may be exactly what you need.
1. Take a Moment
Take a moment alone each day in a quiet place and allow your mind to rest. Even just a few moments in nature or another peaceful place can bring you back to center and leave you feeling calm and confident for the entire day.
"One of my memories of my Grandmother's house for the holidays are all of the flavorful mixed nuts that she would have available lying around. Since then, I've always carried on the tradition by having my own assortment of mixed nuts around my house. Of course, my creativity has gotten the best of me and have gone a little 'nutty' with dressing them up through the years. Candied nuts have bcome a favorite of mine. Here is a quick and easy way I like to prepare them, once you feel comfortable with the recipe, start to play. Maybe use soy sauce instead of vinegar, cinnamon instead of chile powder. The variations are endless and always delicious!
May Your Holiday Be Filled With Savory & Sweetness!
- 1 cp brown sugar
- 4 oz rice wine vinegar
- ¼ cp red chile powder (New Mexican Chimayo chile is the best, if you must use cayenne decrease to ½ teaspoon )
- 4 cp cashews
***Note: be extremely careful while stirring the hot sugar at all points of this recipe, it is like molten lava and will give you an extremely bad burn***
- Cook the brown sugar and vinegar until bubbling
- Add the chili powder and mix thoroughly until bubbling
- Add in the cashews and continue to cook until the mixture begins to crystallize and moisture is gone.
- Transfer to a cookie sheet pan and spread out as best as possible.
- Briefly place in a low 300* oven to help dry out the candy coating, being careful not to burn them. (about three to five minutes)
if you have any questions fill free to ask! MHammond@destinationresorts.com
Early Winter Vacation offers Savings up to 50% in Telluride, Co.
The snow has been falling in Telluride, Colorado and an early winter Telluride vacation means great savings for you! Save up to 50% when you stay 2 nights or more at The Hotel Telluride.